Corporate Social Responsibility
This statement is being presentedto comply with the corporate social responsibility.
The Company has applied the principle contained in the Code in the following manner:
1. The Company has implemented all possible measures for the conservation of the energy in order to play its part of job in facing the energy crisis in the coutry. The Company has restricted the use of electric and gas heaters, the time scheduling has been implemented in the use of A/C and electrical equipments.
2. To ensure the healthy and pollution free environment Husein Sugar Mills Limited encourages its employees to grow the trees and plants.
3. The Company has adopted fair policy for providing better quality of sugar to our customers.
4. The Company management has successfully promoted and maintained an environment of mutual trust and respect between the workers and managment.
5. The Company has prepared a ‘Statement of Ethics and Business Practices’ which has been signed by all the directors of employees of the company.
6. The Company has employed disabled persons as per labour laws prevailing in Pakistan.
7. The Management has devised a code of ethics for employees to safeguard safety and health issues. The Company has an encouraging environment regarding the workers safety and health. The Company has arranged the first aid facility for providing emergency treatment for labour. Occupational safety and health is ensured by during the operational hours as well as in mills colony.
8. The management has also devised a code of business ethics in order to conduct the smooth business transactions and to avoid any misbehave or un-even incidents.
9. The Company is contributing towards national exchequer by paying its due taxes and levies to the government. All government taxes, dues and levies are paid in time and had never defaulted in such payments.
10. The Company is making contribution towards corporate philanthropy, community investment and welfare schemes and spending for under previleged classes/rural development.